Covid-19 Questionnaire to be completed for all young people returning to NYP groups.
Covid-19 - change to services
Due to the covid-19 pandemic, we've made a number of changes to how we deliver our services;
- Where possible, there are no face to face meetings and any communication with parents or other professionals are done by zoom video call or phone call.
- We've altered how we run our after school groups to ensure we limit the number of physical contacts for young people and to keep them with other young people from their school. There is now a general programme of activities such as baking, art, games and sports that rotate every few weeks so all young people are involved in various activities.
- Social distancing is to be ensured by all staff, parents, young people and anyone visiting the service including outside of the building for collection.
- Regular deep cleaning to ensure the building and equipment used is hygienic and sanitised as well as regular cleaning throughout the day of all common areas of touch and of equipment used. Their are various hand sanitiser stations around the building and all young people must put some on when entering and leaving.
- Staff will now wear masks when in the bus with young people for drop off and collection. We can also provide masks to anyone that wishes to wear one.
- All staff have been trained in Covid-19 first aid and appropriate cleaning and health procedures.
- We now have 2 isolation rooms for anyone that shows symptoms of covid-19 to stay in while they wait for collection.
- We ask anyone visiting our service to not come in and stay at home if they have symptoms of covid-19 and to contact their GP for advice.
Adaptations to this are still continuous and on going as we all learn to alter our services in a safe way.